In a world of corporate espionage, patented genetics, and non-disclosure agreements, the ongoing trend of openness in the computing industry comes as a breath of fresh air.Open source software, freely available to everyone, forms the backbone of the Internet; your phone, whether it’s iOS or Android, runs on a largely open source operating system; and, over the last five years, the world of cloud computing has become overwhelmingly open as well.
The legal environment for Cloud computing is in catch-up mode relative to the pace of Cloud adoption. Many data privacy laws pre-date Cloud computing capability. Cloud computing now possess new legal dimensions and dynamics that have not yet been fully tested, although moving quickly to adopt consensus on standards, responsibilities, liabilities and universality.
It is new territory for legal considerations for both Cloud provider and client. One thing that remains constant that impacts on legal considerations is the threat landscape constantly changes and evolves and both parties require to work together to build the jurisprudence.
THE SCC BLOG
- CCEmpowering Growth: The Benefits of Cloud Hosting for Small BusinessesJanuary 23, 2024 - 9:19 am
- SCloud Security: Why Network Redundancy MattersFebruary 28, 2023 - 9:00 am
- CC3 Cloud Trends for 2023January 3, 2023 - 10:04 am
- CCCommon Pitfalls to Cloud SecurityNovember 22, 2022 - 9:36 am
- DRCybersecurity Awareness Month Might Be The Wake-Up Call You NeedOctober 18, 2022 - 2:10 pm