“To ask the value of speech is like asking the value of life.”- Alexander Graham BellPeople today have more options for communication than ever before in history. Voice, text, and video can all be delivered across the world in real-time, all while transcending both traditional voice and data networks. Since Alexander Graham Bell and the opening of the long-distance line from New York to Chicago in 1892; the traditional switch-based telephone system has been the main medium for transmitting communication. However with the relatively recent advent of the Internet and IP based systems, the need was felt to design a new phone and communications method and ‘backbone’ to take advantage the improved networking and advanced technologies. Enter VoIP. VoIP, at the absolute most basic level, is the ability to make traditional phone calls and to communicate using the traditional devices (telephones, video etc.) except using digital communication lines.
Contact Server Cloud Canada to discuss a SIP Trunking or Cloud PBX solution that’s tailored to your needs.
Posted by SIP and VoIP
THE SCC BLOG
- SCloud Security: Why Network Redundancy MattersFebruary 28, 2023 - 9:00 am
- CC3 Cloud Trends for 2023January 3, 2023 - 10:04 am
- CCCommon Pitfalls to Cloud SecurityNovember 22, 2022 - 9:36 am
- DRCybersecurity Awareness Month Might Be The Wake-Up Call You NeedOctober 18, 2022 - 2:10 pm
- CCKeeping Your Data In Canada – Why So Important?September 27, 2022 - 9:53 am